Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a talented research associate to support our research programs. This person will be responsible for supporting research participant recruitment, enrollment and engagement. This will involve communicating with research participants and supporting varied aspects of study execution. This person may develop web-based interfaces for engaging research participants. As needed, this person may also support other projects supported by the program management team. Accordingly, the individual must possess a diverse set of skills and interests, including a passion for working with research participants, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and superb organizational and collaboration skills. Facility with coding is a plus. This is an exciting opportunity to learn about the personal genomics industry while helping to advance health and ancestry research.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Conduct eligibility screening for research studies.
- Serve as a participant liaison for our research cohorts; communicate with research participants by phone and/or email to address concerns and facilitate research study participation; investigate and resolves participant issues.
- Collaborate with colleagues in research, marketing, engineering, and customer care to develop and implement engagement, recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- Perform tasks for study operations, such as taking meeting minutes, organizing study documentation, issuing compensation, tracking study metrics, and routing study materials for stakeholder approval and IRB submission.
- Develop and maintain web-based interfaces for participant recruitment and enrollment.
- Communicate relevant issues and progress to multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you'll bring
- BS in Biology or related discipline; background in genetics is preferred
- 1+ years experience in customer-facing or patient-facing role
- 1+ years postgraduate experience in health-related research is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate patience and empathy while skillfully resolving sensitive inquiries from research participants with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to plan for, track, and prioritize disparate tasks across multiple projects
- Relentless attention to detail and timelines
- Ability to be proactive and independent, and also flexible in the face of evolving priorities
- Experience communicating with diverse stakeholders
- Technical proficiency in HTML or demonstrated interest in learning to code is preferred
- Friendly, flexible and a team player; innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
Answers to the following should be included in your cover letter:
- Share three adjectives you would use to describe yourself
- Describe a time when you have dealt with a challenging interpersonal situation
- Why are you interested in this position?
Note: A writing sample may be requested
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back