Join our gene pool.
Portfolio & Project Management Lead, Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe, the leading personal genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. The Therapeutics team at 23andMe leverages this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases.
We are seeking an outstanding Portfolio and Project Management Lead to help manage our Therapeutics pipeline in collaboration with a high caliber pharmaceutical alliance partner. This role will report to the Vice President, Therapeutics Strategy & Portfolio Management.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
Project and Portfolio Management
- Lead the Project and Portfolio Management team for Therapeutics
- Manage, mentor and motivate a talented team of Project and Portfolio Managers
- Lead key operational initiatives for Therapeutics (e.g., budget planning process, support portfolio management initiatives, communications)
- Prepare BoD material and regular updates for executive management
- Implement Project and Portfolio management tools
- Manage one or more complex and high profile cross-functional projects:
- Work in partnership with project leaders to develop, gain approval, and execute on the project strategy
- Anticipate and identify complex project issues that may pose a challenge to achieving strategic goals; propose and implement plans to resolve such issues and execute corrective actions
- Responsible for team operations and communications
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads
- Manage research subcommittees, partnering with the Alliance Management function
- Ensure alignment with committee members and other key stakeholders
- Proactively identify issues, potential conflicts, and risks for the programs. Work with the team to drive forward strategies/plans to resolve issues
- Monitor the health and effectiveness of the partnership, identifying areas of strength and improvement
What you’ll bring
- 10-15 years of experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry with at least 6-8 years of direct cross-functional, cross-disciplinary project management experience
- Master's degree in a Life Sciences field required; MS/PhD in biology desirable
- Solid scientific background is a must; development experience with large molecules is preferred
- Strong understanding of all phases of pharmaceutical product development is required; experience in commercialization and life cycle management is a plus
- Proven experience with building, leading and managing teams, including coaching/mentoring direct reports in pharma/biotech project management
- Significant experience and proven success in developing individual and team capabilities
- Experience in developing and independently managing projects, portfolio initiatives, budget and resource plans
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent facilitation skills and comfortable leading through influence
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal and/or business perspective
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others
- Ability to summarize complex information into simple concepts for broad communication to project teams and senior management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~80 percent of customers consented to participate in research.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.