Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Are you an experienced research ethics professional looking for a new challenge? Do you feel that regulation makes sense, but only when it’s sensible? Are you motivated not only by getting things done, but by making sure they’re done right? Do you think the operational part of “human subjects” is “human” and not “subjects”?
23andMe is performing cutting-edge genetics research on an unprecedented scale and we seek to execute a wide variety of projects while prioritizing the interests of our research participants and customers. We are hiring for a Regulatory Scientist to help develop and execute creative yet rational solutions to complicated regulatory and ethical issues and to provide regulatory insight and guidance to our Research Team.
Our research program is anything but traditional, so a strong moral compass as well as the desire to negotiate uncharted regulatory waters with our IRB and advise on internal research policy is a must for this position. 23andMe is an incredibly dynamic company and we are looking for someone who would enjoy the challenge of doing things right while keeping up with our pace.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- You will be responsible for preparing a variety of human subjects research protocols and IRB submissions and gaining IRB approval for projects
- Collaborate on the creation of internal guidance, serving as an educational resource for regulatory and research ethics issues and other special projects as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- Advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in a biomedical or social science
- Experience conducting a wide variety of human subjects research, including writing protocols and negotiating approval with IRBs (experience executing approved protocols is valuable, but alone is not sufficient for this position) or direct institutional review experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Ability to manage, organize and execute complex projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds and comfortable working cross-functionally with different departments across the organization
- Good working knowledge of federal laws and regulations that relate to the protection of human subjects
- Flexibility of thinking and creative problem solving abilities
- Preferred: Certified IRB Professional Certification (CIP) or ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Preferred: Working knowledge of statistics and modern human genetics concepts
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back