Join our gene pool.
Sr. Portfolio and Project Manager - Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe's Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an outstanding and enthusiastic Sr. Portfolio and Project Manager to join our team to help manage our Therapeutics programs and lead pan-portfolio operational projects.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for partnering with scientific project team leaders and managing multiple therapeutic projects to successful and timely decision points from research through development.
- Communicate, document and archive project team activities and decisions.
- Facilitate project core team meetings and decision making, ensuring alignment with project team members and other key stakeholders.
- Work with Program Leads and Functional Representatives to ensure effective coordination of activities and/or deliverables across functions
- Create and maintain timelines and keep the team and senior management abreast of any rate limiting steps or obstacles, and develop mitigating plans with the team.
- Prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs.
- Serve as a sounding board on strategic project decisions and provides thought leadership in program design and delivery.
- Manage collaboration projects with industry partners.
- Oversee Contract Research Organization operational processes, including assessment and ongoing management of CROs.
- Participate in key operational initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g., budget planning process, operations, portfolio management, communications).
What you’ll bring
- MS/PhD in a life sciences discipline, with at least 5 years of project management experience in the pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry
- Strong scientific background
- Successful record of managing research and development programs
- Good drug development experience; experience in oncology and /or biologics preferred
- Excellent facilitation and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to motivate and manage others without formal authority
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to evaluate and escalate matters on an as needed basis
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back