Join our gene pool.
IT & Security
IT & Security Project Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager to join our growing Security team. You will be streamlining internal IT & Security team processes and managing cross-functional projects with our stakeholders.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Lead project team meetings from project initiation through closure. Orchestrate alignment within and between teams to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Develop detailed project plans for the appropriate scope, requirements, and timelines to track milestones and deliverables.
- Measure and report on project team progress to project sponsor(s) and stakeholders.
- Help the team prioritize between unplanned tasks/operational work and long-term planned project work; keep them focused on doing what is important.
- Identify risks / blockers; work with stakeholders to mitigate obstacles.
- Create and maintain project documentation (overviews, weekly updates, status presentations, Smartsheet project dashboards, etc.).
- Optimize IT & Security team processes and document workflows.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of industry experience as a project manager on a technical team.
- Prior experience working in a service-oriented, IT support team.
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able to make sense out of a complex system with many moving parts; you sweat the details where it's needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to interact with individuals with diverse (technical / non-technical / regulatory / business) backgrounds. Able to communicate clearly and effectively (you're a master at being succinct) whether with engineers or executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to bring different backgrounds across functional groups and work styles to work in harmony. You know how to build consensus (partnership) among competing perspectives (conflict resolution) and can rally teams positively towards objectives. You are an active listener with the ability to empathize and understand. You provide sound pragmatic judgment.
- A growth mindset. You are a self-motivated learner and a reliable team-player who keeps the big picture in mind to achieve your goals.
- Proficiency in program/project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, JIRA, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.); you're fully comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Smartsheet, Slack, etc.).
- Experience at companies at different stages from startup to established corporation is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Biomedical, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the IT field.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back