Join our gene pool.
Engineering Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Software engineering students of all levels wanted for our consumer product software intern opportunity! Come join us in our mission to be the world's most trusted source of personal genetic insight.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. You'll work within a small, fast-paced team that has a mix of veteran engineers and recent grads.
Who you are
- You’re curious, excited by new technologies, and thrive in a fast-paced and high impact environment. You’re interested in or would like to learn more about the world of consumer genetics.
- You are self-motivated to work and achieve, and you are also a great collaborator on teams.
- You are a fast learner and love working with others who can broaden your knowledge and skills.
- You enjoy being challenged and solving difficult problems. You love to think outside the box and build things that make an impact on people around the world every day.
What you’ll do
- Help solve challenging engineering problems at the intersection of genetics and consumer application development.
- Help design and implement new customer-facing features and frameworks used by millions of people; build and enhance the infrastructure that empowers engineers to quickly prototype and deploy these features.
- Participate in our product development process; work alongside and learn from software engineers, as well as product managers, designers, researchers and scientists with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds.
- Write unit and functional tests; learn software engineering fundamentals and best practices.
- Solve the performance and scalability problems that face a novel technology company with a large, growing user base and an expanding set of usage patterns and needs.
- Have fun!
What you’ll bring / Requirements
- Familiarity with the Python programming language.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with web application development is a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back