Join our gene pool.
Product Science Content Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Are you fascinated by genetics, passionate about communicating science to the everyday consumer, and interested in revolutionizing how people interact with their DNA? We're looking for an enthusiastic intern with an interest in developing genetic health reports. In this role, you will curate scientific literature and help create consumer-focused, personalized genetic content. Your work will help our customers understand their genetic information and use it to make impactful life changes.
Who we are
23andMe’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insights into better health. We also believe that diversity is essential to our mission and are committed to supporting people of all ethnicities, cultures, backgrounds, genders, gender expressions, sexual orientations, and many other characteristics.
Who you are
You have or are on your way to a graduate degree, preferably related to biology or public health. You are an empathetic and compassionate person who believes that making scientific discoveries accessible to everyone has the power to improve human health. You are comfortable evaluating findings from scientific studies and are a stickler for detail. You can work independently but thrive as part of a team. Like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts people’s lives.
- Interested in translating the latest scientific findings into consumer-friendly, actionable content
- Able to critically evaluate scientific studies and able to articulate where individual studies fit into the big picture
- A clear and effective written and verbal communicator who is comfortable presenting your work to broad audiences
- Proactive, thorough, and independent but can also work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and interdisciplinary team
What you’ll do
- Critically evaluate and record data from scientific papers and 23andMe internal research
- Research and propose science-driven consumer-facing product content for a new health report
- Work with a cross-functional group to refine report content
- Participate in implementation and testing of the health report
- Want to know more? Visit our website to learn about the types of reports we develop
What you’ll bring / Requirements
- Have or working towards a graduate degree in the life sciences
- Experience communicating complex scientific topics to lay audiences
- Experience with statistical concepts and research methodologies in the context of critically evaluating scientific findings.
- Bonus: Experience with the command line, scripting, programming languages, or markup languages, and familiarity with related tools (such as Python, R, HTML, and Git)
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back