Join our gene pool.
IT & Security
Compliance Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Compliance Intern to join our Security team this summer!
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Understand technical implementation details necessary to assess security controls.
- Participate in the development and oversight of required corrective action plans relating to security compliance issues.
- Identify, research, and evaluate new compliance requirements and present them to stakeholders to convey requirements of technical and process improvements.
- Partner with team members to ensure security programs align with compliance requirements.
- Assist with aligning and tracking ongoing security control mitigation in information security projects.
- Assist with daily activities and functions such as assessing vendors for security risk.
- Assist with keeping the reporting and dashboards up to date .
- Actively support projects in the areas of ISO 27001/27701 & 27018 compliance along with internal assessments.
- Work with security team members to develop customized policies, procedures and controls, disaster recovery plans and technical documentation for applications, systems and infrastructure.
Who you are
- Going towards Bachelor’s or Master's Degree from an accredited 4 year university
- Entry level experience in the information security or compliance field
- Connect easily with colleagues and build working relationships
- Have some knowledge of ISO Standards, GDPR and CCPA regulations
- Communicate effectively across business and technical boundaries
- Work independently with minimal guidance
- Proficient in writing executive level reports and technical documentation
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back