Join our gene pool.
Research & Science
Statistical Geneticist Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Who you are
We are looking for a summer intern with extensive training and experience in statistical genetics to join our best-in-class research team. You will work with your mentor on a project that is of high interest to the research team. The job requires strong statistical and computational skills and excellent communication skills. Ideal candidates will have multiple years of theoretical training in the statistical genetics field, experience in conducting genetic analyses and executing independently developed ideas, and an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of audiences.
What you’ll do
- Conduct a literature review and test the developed methodologies on publicly available human genetics data.
- Run simulations and real data applications to better understand the performance of methodologies.
- Presentation at internal and external meetings to audiences of diverse scientific backgrounds.
- Ph.D. candidate in Statistics, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline.
- Profound knowledge in Statistical Genetics, especially in the imputation and association analysis fields.
- Hands-on experience working with publicly available data (post-association analyses using GWAS summary statistics, imputation with the 1000 Genomes, etc).
- Demonstrated experience in computational or statistical sciences or bioinformatics with a strong emphasis on computational methods for high-throughput genomic and genetic data analysis.
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets in Python and R.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back