Join our gene pool.
Senior iOS Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe, one of the pioneers of direct to consumer health and ancestry insights, is looking for an engineer passionate in bringing first in class native application features to our customers. If you are interested in being involved in the application of genetics for the betterment of people’s health or empowering people delving into their ancestry with genetics, 23andMe is the place for you. Join us to make a difference in our customer lives with your iOS expertise.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Be a critical part of an innovative, collaborative and small project team iterating to deliver customer and business value
- Solve challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive customer experience and manipulating large amounts of data at scale
- Partner with our product, design and research teams to deliver the 23andMe experience customized for the iOS platform
What you’ll bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a consumer-facing environment
- Development experience with native iOS and familiarity with the entire application lifecycle of writing, releasing and maintaining code
- Experience building complex interactive applications for the iPhone or iPad using Swift
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills in a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with healthcare and/or medical device software
- Experience with HealthKit / Health Data Collection / Privacy
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back