Join our gene pool.
Software Engineer in Test
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Software Engineer in Test to join our talented, ambitious engineering team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will impact the way people see themselves and the world. We are seeking experienced software test engineers to lead our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- You will help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
- You will help streamline testing efforts by continuously improving our QA processes
- You'll get the opportunity to work with other engineers to develop and execute test plans and support and extend existing validation frameworks
- You'll help by reading and understanding application code, and identifying areas of weakness
- You will be the advocate for our customers and help our teams deliver the highest quality features
- Part of your responsibility will be to identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-5 years of related working experience
- Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
- Excellent ability to create test strategies, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Hands-on experience with writing automated tests and using automated test frameworks
- Experience with mobile application testing
- Experience with LAMP stack web applications
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back