Join our gene pool.
Office of the CEO
Office of the CEO, Archive Intern (Remote)
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe has a history of innovation and empowering customers to access, understand and benefit from the human genome. This history tells a story of pioneering a DTC path on behalf of customers, crowdsourcing research and a drive to change healthcare. 23andMe is looking for an exceptional Archive Intern to capture the data behind the mission and help tell its story. You will report into the Director, Office of the CEO. Through creativity, humility, and persistence, you bring strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, organization and storytelling to document the story of 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
- You are a storyteller at heart and love organizing things in a way that tells a story.
- You bring creativity and persistence to every project you work on.
- You are a strong critical thinker.
- You are passionate about 23andMe and our company’s evolution!
What you’ll do
- Conduct historical research, analyze historical company information, & identify interesting data points about the history of 23andMe.
- Create documents to illustrate our story including, timelines, photo books, graphics and slides.
- Your final project will be to document the story of 23andMe in a digital format as well as print. Help create an infrastructure and preservation plan for the management of materials going forward.
What you’ll bring
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, but also act as a team player.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- A passion for storytelling!
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, design, or another relevant field.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back