Join our gene pool.
Corporate and Securities Counsel
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The Corporate & Securities Counsel will provide legal guidance to support corporate governance, transactional support and compliance. Reporting to the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, this role will work collaboratively with the Finance team, and across the company.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Oversee and ensure compliance with obligations under federal securities laws, NYSE rules and regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and other corporate governance rules and regulations, including:
- Preparation and filing of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and Section 16 reports, including leading and filing all securities documentation.
- Develop and maintain programs and policies to ensure compliance with securities-related regulatory requirements, NYSE listing standards, Regulation FD and insider trading rules, including develop and deliver training programs.
- Advise on equity matters, including equity plan and compensation issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of corporate books and records.
- Support on maintaining and strengthening the company's disclosure controls and procedures and internal control over financial reporting.
- Provide support for corporate development activities, including strategic collaboration and mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsel the business with respect to other legal matters, including health care compliance, tax and insurance.
- Develop strategies to scale legal support as the business grows.
- Effectively manage outside counsel as needed.
What you'll bring
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to get things done autonomously or collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, able to and thrives handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effectively develops and delivers presentations and is able to influence others.
- Demonstrated analytical skills as well as the ability to take disparate information and make strategic recommendations quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team; willingly assists colleagues to maintain balanced workloads.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator; delivers concise and clear advice.
- Background or experience in accounting strongly preferred.
- Member of the California bar.
- +4 years of relevant corporate and securities experience in a national law firm or in-house.
- Experience in biotechnology preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back