What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Research and Therapeutics support team. In this unique role, you’ll work directly with research scientists and computational biologists to support and develop compute infrastructure and pipelines. You’ll also enjoy a collaborative environment with small project teams working on a variety of tasks ranging from the development and deployment of cloud based infrastructure, building automation, and driving infrastructure as code deployments as well as define, design, and deploy reliable and scalable infrastructure to support 23andMe’s cloud presence. You’ll have an opportunity to help millions of people to gain insight into their history and health, and help 23andMe power the future of new therapeutics discoveries.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Build and develop computation resources in our AWS multi-account environment.
- Directly support the development and advancement of 23andMe’s Research and Therapeutics cloud presence.
- Create reusable and templated packages -- promoting standardization across workflows, accelerating development and deployment cycles.
- Develop and deploy containerized pipelines and processes.
- Work directly with AWS architects and other infrastructure engineers to develop and maintain scalable and reproducible infrastructure.
- Closely interface with 23andMe’s AWS architecture team to improve and develop our AWS presence.
What you'll bring
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps, or IT Operations roles, strong familiarity with the principles of DevOps or Agile development.
- Experience with development in the AWS (or other cloud) ecosystem; with a particular focus on IAM, Batch, and workload management tools.
- Experience developing Infrastructure as Code.
- A strong preference for CI/CD and automation.
- Familiarity with building and maintaining containers, runtime environments, and custom machine images.
- Handy with Python, Shell Scripts, Makefiles, VCS, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical problems in complex environments.
- Proven focus on teamwork and collaborative interaction with operations and development teams and other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to review, comment on, and share code -- your sharp eye will raise everyone’s game!
- An eye to security -- demonstrated understanding of how to operate pipelines at scale while maintaining the security and integrity of sensitive data.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Can-do attitude, motivation and ability to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Comfortable working in a fully remote environment.
- Experience deploying computational workloads on AWS Batch, Kubernetes, or other workload managers.
- Knowledge of classic HPC workload managers (SGE/UGE/SLURM/etc.).
- Proficiency with Terraform, Packer, and Ansible.
- Experience migrating workloads from on-premises data centers to the cloud.
- Background or experience with high performance computing.
- Experience managing and protecting large datasets in AWS.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back