What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring completed transactions across all service providers, including freight and parcel. This role should provide data to support continued operational efficiency and optimize the logistics strategy.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Coordinate international and domestic shipping logistics with carriers.
- Track/trace product flow from origin to final delivery, anticipating issues/service failures and adjusting where necessary.
- Understand required criteria for import/export activities, create and provide appropriate documentation.
- Respond to and provide resolution to inquiries from Customer Care team.
- Develop or maintain payment systems to ensure accuracy of vendor payments.
- Communicate and/or maintain relationships with service providers such as couriers, freight forwarders, customs brokers, or trucking companies.
- Maintain logistics records.
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, or practices to identify developments in logistics planning or execution.
What you'll bring
- Two years of related work experience
- Proficient data analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to multi-task competing priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere
- Associate’s degree or relevant experience
- Friendly, flexible and a team player
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Independent, proactive and self-driven
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
Strongly Preferred (optional)
- Experience with global parcel logistics
- Experience with customs clearance
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back