What will you be empowered to do?
Head of Product Marketing
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Reporting into the Head of Product and working closely with the, VP, Consumer Marketing and, VP of Healthcare Ops, this role will lead Product Marketing for the consumer business and build a team of world-class Product Marketers.
This leader must demonstrate product marketing abilities that propel adoption and market momentum; a track record of bringing innovative products to market and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy. This leader will be able to generate high-impact ideas and has the ability to keep up with the pulse of industry trends, with an eye on the data analytics landscape to discover what’s new, what competitors are doing, and which innovations are coming next.
This leader will drive market research, go-to-market plans, define product positioning and marketing strategies, ongoing value proposition and growth within the product offerings and ultimately, ensure new products are positioned effectively in the market. They will be responsible for key aspects of go-to-market, own messaging and positioning and orchestrate marketing execution with the advertising and marketing teams. This leader must be able to synthesize complex product capabilities into succinct customer benefits, strategies and mobilize teams to understand the product marketing strategy.
Success in this role will require the development of strong working relationships, processes and interactions with customers, product leads, engineering leads, and other product and marketing groups across 23andMe.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Define Product Marketing for the consumer business and build a team - Create and evangelize the vision of Product Marketing to the company and how the function will contribute to the company’s mission and goals, building a team for all future products. Collaborate cross-functionally to drive cohesive, high impact product launch implementation
- Product Strategy - Partner with the product and product science teams to define multi-year roadmap, prioritize product development balancing consumer value and business goals, and bring marketing expertise to influence the product experience. Portfolio development.
- Consumer Voice - Lead the development, planning and execution of multi-year, segment and persona driven product marketing strategies (e.g., market analysis, product positioning, adoption, up-sell, renewal, lifetime value, etc.) created from deep client insights
- Messaging and Positioning - Develop messaging and positioning to break down the barriers of science. Help bring genetics and DNA to the consumer in intuitive, engaging, and easy to understand ways
- Go-to-Market Plans - Translate strategy, messaging, and positioning into concrete go-to-market plans and collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams to guide execution.
- Acquisitions - Work with Business Development & Acquisition teams to identify the right acquisitions needed to build the consumer business and new services for the brand.
- International - Help define new market growth and International growth opportunities with the Director of International, Legal, Regulatory Affairs and the Head of Product.
- Market Intelligence - Constantly be up to date on the competitive landscape such as new market entrants, advancements in the verticals, and competitive threats in marketing and product pricing and packaging
- Team Leadership - Build a world-class product marketing team to support the development and launching of new products. You are resourceful and don’t let constraints hold you back. You have a proven track record to execute and drive results seamlessly to that vision in cross-functional teams
What you'll bring
- 10-15+ years of experience in product marketing and/or product management. Provide strong examples of product marketing success, vision and/or go-to-market plans
- Strong analytical and critical thinker with the ability to solve complex problems and turn messy data into key insights for the business
- Experience conducting user research including developing questionnaires and analyzing large datasets
- Experience leading and executing substantive competitive analysis
- Experience conducting pricing analysis and managing pricing strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience leading initiatives across highly cross-functional teams (particularly with product and engineering) to deliver measurable business results
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills to both executive-level and engineering and product audiences
- Proven track record to hire and lead a team
- Self-starter who thrives in a high-pressure, ambiguous environment, bringing both creativity and critical thinking to deliver results
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred, or industry/job experience equivalent
- Previously worked with a medical device and/or regulated D2C product
- Passionate about 23andMe’s mission to revolutionize personalized healthcare
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back