What will you be empowered to do?
Facility Operations Supervisor, Laboratory
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Facility Operations Supervisor, Laboratory to join our Workplace Experience team! You will be responsible for providing facilities operations services for the lab staff and operations of our South San Francisco Lab facility. This role will partner with the facilities operations and lab staff to create and maintain a productive work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
This is a key position that functions as a go-to person for all Workplace Experience and Therapeutics teams. Some of the role responsibilities include; providing general facility operations support to our employees, coordinating facility maintenance and repair, and engaging suppliers for meeting site and facilities needs. You will help to ensure the smooth running of the laboratory and help to improve procedures and day-to-day operations. You are experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, laboratory and facilities support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
This role will be stationed in the South San Francisco lab space with routine communication and occasional travel to the Sunnyvale Headquarters office.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Response to daily facility issues and emergencies including off shift coverage and response to alarms and unplanned maintenance issues
- Coordinate corrective and preventive maintenance and equipment/fixture calibration of equipment with external service providers
- Manage work requests via our ticketing system, ensuring status updates and completion communications are provided to appropriate lab personnel
- Organize the lab layout and space planning for the team, and coordinate associated improvements and moves for personnel and equipment
- Partner with procurement team in identification and management of related service providers
- Collaborates with the management team to ensure all facility projects are developed, monitored and delivered in a timely fashion and within established standards
- Creates, and maintain project schedules
- Maintain the lab condition and arrange necessary supplies, repairs, and facilities support
- Partner with People team to update and maintain policies as necessary
- Coordinate with lab teams on incoming equipment set up and delivery
- Liaise with Workplace Experience Team suppliers, including environmental, janitorial, food services, and security services
- Monitor Workplace Experience budget, identify and communicate variances in advance
- Provide general support for onboarding new hires and visitors including occasional tours
What you'll bring
- Minimum 3-5 years as an individual contributor (Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Life Sciences preferred)
- Experience with laboratory infrastructure systems including: DI Water, CDA, Vacuum, Laboratory Gas, HVAC
- Knowledge of lab operations responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Docs/Mail/Calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with a focus on crisp execution and seeing tasks to full completion. Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage expectations, adapt to a variety of personalities, and build and nurture relationships
- Provides back-up support as necessary
- Can work independently and as a team player
- Outstanding commitment to customer service and quality
- Great sense of humor
- Clean driving record and valid California Driver’s License
- Associates Degree or higher in Business Administration, Biological Sciences, or Engineering
- Facilities certification, for example; FMA, CFM, etc.
- Working knowledge of facilities management systems
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back