What will you be empowered to do?
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs. We currently have research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
23andMe is seeking an amazing Executive Assistant with high energy, strong project management skills and a proactive attitude to support our growing Portfolio Strategy and Alliance Management Team. You will be an indispensable contributor, executing on a wide variety of important and pressing initiatives. Your administrative acumen is top-notch and you understand the broad strokes of executive-level operations and can navigate accordingly. Discretion and a high level of emotional intelligence are key traits you possess. This role will report to the VP of Portfolio Strategy and Alliance Management.
What you'll do:
- Handle active calendars for the VP, Portfolio Strategy and Alliance Management and direct reports
- Manage agenda, attendees and logistics of all recurring meetings including external alliance partners, anticipating conflicts and solving scheduling issues
- Partner closely with other Executive Assistants in Therapeutics and other teams at 23andMe to manage frequent and short-notice meeting changes with senior leaders
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the VP, Portfolio Strategy and Alliance Management both internally and externally
- Perform day-to-day administrative duties: Prepare and edit internal and external correspondence and presentations, assemble documents and supplies as needed to support business activities, help track and drive completion of deliverables and follow up on outstanding items
- Effectively prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion
- Coordinate and book domestic and international travel
- Prepare and submit expense reports
- Coordinate the processing of invoices, purchase orders and payments for vendors
- Make high-level contacts of a sensitive nature inside and outside the company; handle confidential information with confidentiality and utmost integrity
- Oversee office space needs, working closely with Workplace Experience
- Liaise with Legal for Contract Management (search the database, help with contract storage etc.)
- Assist in the planning and organization of team events and offsites
- Support ad hoc projects and assignments as needed
What you'll bring
- Minimum of 10 years’ administrative support experience with at least 5 years’ recent experience supporting senior executive(s) in a corporate environment
- Must be tech-savvy with excellent proficiency with Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive, PowerPoint, Excel and Slack
- Experience with booking travel and expense reporting via Concur
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and have a high sense of urgency
- Will possess the flexibility and enthusiasm to respond to pressing needs outside regular office hours when necessary
- Ability to interact with a wide range of teams internally and externally with tact, sensitivity, and friendliness. High level of professionalism
- Ability to think systematically and pivot quickly, anticipate needs and execute autonomously, with strong attention to detail
- Unafraid to say no or exert opinion and influence in a personable way
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Work experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.