What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
Data Infrastructure & Machine Learning Technical Program Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
You are passionate about solving ambiguous problems and pragmatically balance the need to scale with the desire to remain scrappy. You develop your own point of view, but readily pivot when a better solution emerges, and view complex requirements as an opportunity to simplify. You have humility, a bias for action, great ability to partner, and a sense of ownership in your projects. You’ve got a strong background in building analytics environments, databases, and machine learning models, preferably in the life sciences sector and comfortable in collaborating with therapeutics discovery scientists. You are excited to play a key role in helping 23andMe scale and transform drug discovery and the way millions of customers understand their health.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Drive the delivery of internal data and ML tools and products for our genetic discovery and therapeutics space
- Define and build big data and machine learning infrastructure that power genetic discoveries used in drug discovery
- Develop and formalize a full data and analytics workflows at 23andMe for our Therapeutics team
- Understand and manage multiple infrastructure projects (databases, compute pipelines) for our research and therapeutics teams
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the processing and analytics at 23andMe, including machine learning of genetic and phenotypic data
- Strategically partner with Research and Therapeutics teams as they transition to cloud computing infrastructure on AWS
- Identify pain points and workflow inefficiencies with key partners, build business cases to address them, and collaboratively brainstorm product opportunities for improvement
- Maintain and contribute to the roadmap for core Data Technology and Infrastructure components for our research, therapeutics and clinical studies products
- Translate user requirements into technical requirements to drive the execution of internal products forward
- Drive a pipeline of features and enhancements; constantly refine priorities to ensure alignment with company goals
- Work side by side with partners such as Research, Therapeutics, other Engineering teams to deliver technologies on time
What you'll bring
- 4+ years of software or technical program management experience
- 2+ years in managing research infrastructure systems and tools
- Bachelor's degree in biology, engineering, statistics, computer science, mathematics
- Technical depth with software development frameworks, AWS cloud computing infrastructure, agile workflows, and machine learning/data science APIs
- Experience building big data and data science frameworks and computation techniques and software, or tools that utilize large computational infrastructure
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Exemplary presentation and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success communicating across scientific, technical and business audiences
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back