What will you be empowered to do?
Business Systems Analyst
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a highly motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our Engineering team. You will work cross-functionally throughout the organization to evolve business systems and processes as we scale our business. In this role, you will juggle business needs, technical solutions, and operational dependencies for multiple stakeholder projects.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Bring Solutions to Life to support and scale critical operational business systems
- Collaborate with business, engineering, and enterprise system stakeholders to gather business requirements, define system functional requirements, translate functional requirements to actionable technical deliverables, and ensure that delivered solutions meets the business requirements for initiatives that span domains like order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, master data management, system infrastructure and integrations. Solutions may employ a combination of custom development and third party applications.
- Produce deliverables such as user stories, functional requirements specifications, process flow diagrams, user acceptance test scripts, project landing pages, project plans.
- Connect pieces of the puzzle together. Be known to business partners and within engineering as a “go-to” person for subject matter expertise on the intersection of technology, application solutions, and process flows that power the business operations of 23andMe
- Manage Projects for systems implementations / improvements
- “Roll up your sleeves” by serving as the Project Manager as required; develop plans / timelines, follow-up on details, communicate status, coordinate testing, launch logistics, rally teams, and everything else project management entails.
- Interact across technical / engineering teams to ensure dependencies are tackled in timely fashion; understand and able to articulate the technical considerations (balance business needs and technical constraints).
What you'll bring
- Curiosity to dig deep into business processes, figure out how they work, and communicate problems and opportunities to a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Attention to detail to anticipate and document all the ways internal and external customers can interact with the business systems ecosystem, and how the system should react to them.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate across functional groups and organizational boundaries. You know how to build consensus (partnership) among competing perspectives (conflict resolution) and can rally teams positively towards objectives.
- Working knowledge of program/project management tools (e.g. Gantt charts, spreadsheets, JIRA, presentations, etc.); you're fully comfortable collaborating in online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Smartsheets, LucidChart, Chat, etc.).
- Working knowledge of enterprise system technologies/components (i.e. APIs, data formats, security, version control, deployment infrastructure) and curiosity to learn more.
- Working knowledge of SQL for database level data analyses and ad-hoc queries.
- Self-motivated, reliable team-player with ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, complex work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Business, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience at companies at different stages from startup to established corporation. You bring a balanced approach and mindset; you provide sound pragmatic judgement.
- Prior experience in hands-on software development or software testing.
- Prior experience as business analyst in Operations, Supply Chain, or Finance domains.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back