What will you be empowered to do?
Data Science / Analytics
Data Scientist – Genetics Platform Analytics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Data Scientist who wants to challenge and push the boundaries of technology and science. This person will work on the largest research database of microarray genotype data in the world. You will help to improve and monitor the data quality of 23andMe’s genotyping platform. You will also collaborate with stakeholders across the company to satisfy both consumer product and research content applications.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Develop new algorithms and employ machine learning to improve the scope and accuracy of 23andMe’s genotyping platform
- Create automated anomaly detection system to ensure the continuity of microarray performance over time
- Analyze historical data to identify probe quality issues and solutions
- Work with operations, regulatory, and quality teams to demonstrate and maintain the analytical validity of our assay
- Collaborate with top-tier researchers and data scientists
- Develop in-house tools to support team efficiency
What you'll bring
- PhD in Computational Biologist or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years postgraduate industry experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Strong working knowledge of imputation process
- Proficiency with Python programming language
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Strong working knowledge of NGS informatics is a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, geneticBack