What will you be empowered to do?
Vivarium Operations and Compliance Manager
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding scientist who will oversee vivarium operations and ensure that in-house and external animal research is compliant with all regulations and best practices. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in nonclinical research and expertise in animal welfare and ethics.
What you'll do
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the 23andMe vivarium
- Ensure facility and animal researcher compliance with all government regulations and guidelines
- Ensure animal researcher compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Institute and maintain training programs as needed
- Manage and acquire various specialized rodent strains for drug development research
- Enforce the company’s animal welfare policies with contractors and business partners (due diligence and auditing)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field (advanced degree a plus)
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with nonclinical animal research in drug development
- Expert knowledge in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Independent, proactive and highly self-motivated
- Successful demonstration of initiative, teamwork, collaboration and technical expertise
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience as a vivarium manager
- Experience in document control and/or study management systems
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back