What will you be empowered to do?
Data Science / Analytics
Senior Data Scientist
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is seeking a Senior Data Scientist to join our Analytics team. You have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with a great track record applying them to improve the consumer experience. You strive to understand the business needs and enjoy using data to creatively answer problems. You will work closely with the Product and Marketing teams to measure product performance and inform strategy using analytics and data.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Your focus is 23andMe's consumer experience; you will support Product Managers and be a trusted partner for performance measurement and data visualization.
- Leverage Google Analytics and internal data to provide key insights by analyzing customer behavior.
- Implement and measure experiments around feature development and customer acquisition.
- Collaborate with the larger Analytics organization to identify and develop holistic, long-term solutions to common data needs throughout the product organization.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of industry work experience as a senior analyst or equivalent role.
- B.S. in statistics, mathematics, business or a related field.
- Skilled in R and SQL. Google Analytics, Python and AWS are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; this role requires regular interaction with business partners across the company.
- An analytical mindset; you will champion data-driven decision making and help the product and marketing teams identify areas of opportunity to drive business value.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- An online sample of your analytical and/or data visualization abilities is greatly appreciated.
Note: For this position, we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back