What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
As a key member of our growing Finance team, our Staff Accountant will apply accounting principles and procedures to assist with the financial close process of a variety of balance sheet and income statement accounts, assist in various aspects of accounting, complete special projects and assist in driving process changes to help us scale for the future. This role will work closely with our Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Prepare accurate monthly account reconciliations and analysis of varying levels of complexity and materiality within the close deadlines
- Assist with month end close tasks, including prepaids, fixed assets, accruals, T&E, allocations and posting journal entries
- Review AP transactions to ensure accuracy; work with accounts payable and FP&A to resolve discrepancies
- Contribute to the review of prepaids and fixed asset transactions to ensure compliance with company policy
- Assist with year-end audit procedures with external auditors
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures and assist the team in developing and documenting additional policies and desktop procedures as appropriate
- Assist with internal controls/SOX implementation, processes and testing
- Support and assist with special projects, perform other related duties as assigned
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in public or corporate accounting
- Demonstration of basic accounting knowledge and fundamental GAAP accounting
Strongly Preferred (optional)
- CPA or CPA Candidate
- Proficiency with enterprise accounting software, NetSuite preferred
- Proficiency with Excel: vlookup, if function, pivot table etc. comfortable using G-suite
- Meticulous attention to detail and organized with the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to keep others informed of project progress and escalations
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction
- Willing and eager to learn! Strong desire to be a team player and help in whatever capacity possible
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back