What will you be empowered to do?
Research & Science
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Statistical Geneticist to join our growing Research Team. Working on the largest phenotype-genotype database in the world, you will use computational and statistical methods to obtain deep insight into the biological mechanisms that underpin human disease.
With the world’s largest database of more than ten million genotyped customers, 23andMe is at the forefront of using human genetics to advance biomedical research and transform healthcare. Join our growing research team in translating genetic discoveries into insights into molecular biology of human traits and diseases.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
We are looking for a colleague with extensive training and experience in statistical genetics and therapeutic target identification to join our best-in-class research team. You will work within and across teams to support our research efforts. The job requires strong statistical and computational skills, a deep understanding of human genetics, and excellent communication skills. Ideally, you will have multiple years of experience playing a leadership role in genetic analyses and executing independently developed ideas, as well as an ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of audiences.
What you’ll do
- Design and execute a wide array of analyses for both customers across the business and externally.
- Work collaboratively with partners in research, product, and engineering to develop our research platform.
- Work closely with colleagues in Therapeutics to identify and prioritize drug targets.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Genetics, or a related discipline.
- Research experience in statistical human genetics.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct post-association analyses using GWAS summary statistics (fine-mapping, colocalization, LD score regression).
- Hands-on experience working with biologists on interpretation of GWAS associations and therapeutic target identification is a plus. Knowledge of disease areas and/or processes (metabolic, immune, or oncology) is a plus.
- Hands-on experience working with very large data sets in Python or R; experience with C/C++ is a plus.
- Ease in a Linux environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working in a highly collaborative environment.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back