What will you be empowered to do?
Manager, Therapeutics Procurement
South San Francisco, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Manager, Therapeutics Procurement to help drive our procurement and operational improvements. You will collaborate with teams to develop sourcing solutions for 23andMe’s Therapeutics Team. Specifically, you will develop, manage and execute category strategies for R&D services to ensure an uninterrupted supply of core services, contribute to the maturation of procurement processes and creation of 23andMe sourcing best practices, and support implementation of a vendor management program. The key to your success will be the ability to create and manage procurement business processes and sourcing strategies that enable 23andMe to meet our substantial growth plans. You will also provide operational support for 23andMe’s Therapeutics needs and participate in new initiatives to create operational excellence. You will report directly to the Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Therapeutics.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute category strategies for R&D services that balance organizational and business unit goals, program requirements and timelines, market and industry trends and ensure an uninterrupted supply of core services
- Prepare and manage RFxs and evaluate, negotiate and finalize scopes of work, budget and payment schedules in collaboration with business owner(s)
- Effectively manage and balance vendor costs, quality, timelines and performance from start to completion of R&D services
- Liaise and partner with the legal team to ensure contract terms and conditions adequately address business needs and support timely execution of a range of agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, master services agreements, work orders and amendments
- Liaise and partner with the finance team on vendor invoices, scope of work budgeting and outsourced program costs and reconciliation
- Collaborate with other supply chain representatives within Therapeutics and 23andMe to establish, implement and adhere to 23andMe sourcing best practices
- Contribute to the maturation of procurement processes in accordance with procurement best practices, including documenting and evolving processes related to competitive solicitations, vendor selection, qualification and management
- Contribute to development and implementation of a vendor management program including supplier classification analyses, key performance indicators (KPIs) and regular business reviews
- Build, maintain and grow business relationships with current and prospective vendors.
- Partner with quality representatives to ensure appropriate vendor due diligence and oversight
- Identify opportunities that support cost reductions, efficiencies, quality improvements and risk mitigation
- Understand and navigate compliance issues and their impacts to the business by ensuring confidentiality, legal and other internal requirements are met
- Comply with internal policies, procedures and all regulatory and governmental regulations and laws
- Perform other related duties as assigned including but not limited to supporting sourcing projects and supplier management activities to support other groups within 23andMe
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in supply chain management, management sciences, biology, business or finance
- Master’s degree in supply chain management, management sciences, biology, business, finance or related field preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in biotech/biopharma procurement, Pharmaceutical R&D Operations or related supply chain functions (preferably in therapeutics or other similar regulated industry) or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
- Specific experience managing outsourcing for target discovery and/or development stage R&D services preferred
- Familiarity with pharma R&D terminology, experience in Pharma R&D centric procurement support, ability to understand diverse and at times complex Pharma R&D centric procurement needs
- Working knowledge of biopharmaceutical industry regulations, standards and best practices
- Experience and ability to work with a diverse set of Therapeutics SMEs in discovery, preclinical, clinical, and other translational sciences
- Experience leading cross-functional groups and projects, developing and executing sourcing strategies, contract negotiations and managing supplier relationships
- Experience developing, documenting, implementing and improving procurement processes
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, strong collaborator and team player with ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage change and prioritize while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Tenacious attention to detail and consistency
- Experience with an ERP system, preferably Oracle NetSuite
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back