What will you be empowered to do?
Principal Portfolio and Project Manager - Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who we are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an experienced Portfolio and Project Management professional to join our team to help manage our Therapeutics programs and lead pan-portfolio operational projects. This role will report to the Therapeutics Portfolio and Project Management Lead.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for partnering with scientific and/or clinical project team leaders and managing multiple therapeutic projects to successful and timely decision points from early and late research phases through clinical development.
- Manage collaboration projects with industry partners. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define deliverables and ensure they are within established scope, timeline, and budget.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads. Ensure alignment with functional representatives and overall program and company goals.
- Prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs. Work with the Finance team to incorporate the project level budgets into the overall budget.
- Oversee Contract Research Organization operational process, including assessment and ongoing management of CROs.
- Facilitate project core team meetings, strategic discussions, and decision making, ensuring -functional alignment with team members and other key stakeholders.
- Facilitate cross-functional project communication.
- Document, track, and archive project team activities and decisions. Work closely with the scientific/clinical project lead, act as primary contact for project team related information, and develop project updates/reports in a concise manner for upper management and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular competitive assessments of our current and future Therapeutic programs and specific therapeutic areas.
- Lead and/or help develop key operational initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g., budget planning process, time tracking, portfolio management, communications).
What you’ll bring
- MS or PhD in a life sciences discipline and 7+ years of direct project management experience in the biotech/pharma industry.
- Demonstrates excellent working knowledge of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development. Brings relevant experience managing drug development programs from early and late stage research phases through early development.
- Previous experience in managing IND preparation strategy and timelines a must.
- Experience with large molecule development required.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, understand and help teams to prioritize, and provide strategic and operational guidance.
- Strong conflict management and resolution, influencing, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority and with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to manage a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a positive work environment and build important relationships with cross-functional team and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Experience with Google Suite/Apps a plus
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back