What will you be empowered to do?
Portfolio and Project Management Director - Therapeutics
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking a talented and highly collaborative Portfolio and Project Management professional who will bring a proven track record of managing drug development programs from early research through clinical development as well as leading pan-portfolio operational projects. This role will report to the Director, Therapeutics Portfolio and Project Management Lead.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for partnering with scientific and/or clinical project team leaders and managing multiple therapeutic projects to successful and timely decision points from early and late research phases through clinical development.
- Manage collaboration projects with industry partners. Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define deliverables and ensure they are provided within established scope, timeline, and budget.
- Establish and maintain functionally integrated project timelines and ensure accurate inputs are provided by all functional leads. Ensure alignment with functional representatives and overall program and company goals.
- Prepare and track project team budgets including resources and costs. Work with Finance to incorporate the project level budgets into the overall budget.
- Facilitate project core team meetings, strategic discussions, and decision making, ensuring functional alignment with team members and other key stakeholders, drafting of agendas and minutes, tracking of action items and project deliverables.
- Facilitate cross-functional project communication.
- Document, track, and archive project team activities and decisions. Work closely with the scientific/clinical project lead, act as primary contact for project team related information, and develop project updates/reports in a concise manner for upper management and external stakeholders.
- Provide regular competitive assessments of our current and future Therapeutic programs and specific therapeutic areas.
- Lead and/or help develop key initiatives for the Therapeutics team (e.g., budget planning process, time tracking, portfolio management, communications).
- Develop foundational project management tools and processes; e.g. tracking tools and templates, integrated project plans, timelines, etc.
What You’ll Bring
- Master's or PhD in Life Sciences with extensive industry experience in biotech/pharma
- Direct PM experience managing drug development programs from early and late stage research phases through early development is a must
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams, understand and help teams to prioritize, and provide strategic and operational guidance
- Excellent conflict management and resolution, influencing, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to cut to the heart of a problem, create a solution, and build consensus around that solution
- Exceptional communication, both written and oral, and organizational skills
- Self motivated, self-starter, takes initiative
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines and to motivate others to meet deadlines without formal authority and with minimal supervision
- Adept with managing a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively identify issues or challenges from a scientific, legal, privacy, or business perspective
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish a positive work environment and build important relationships with cross-functional team and other stakeholders
- Outstanding cross-functional teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively, and efficiently with others, ability to build strong relationships with team members and other stakeholders
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent working knowledge of pharmaceutical drug discovery and development
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite, smartsheets, etc. a plus
- Previous experience in managing IND preparation strategy and timelines a must
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back