What will you be empowered to do?
Office of the CEO
Sr. Associate, Business Development
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an exceptional Senior Associate, Business Development to support strategic partnering efforts and new business opportunities across digital health, pharma, biotech, and healthcare. As part of this role, you will work across various functions to tackle critical tasks, including prioritizing business development efforts, managing competitive intelligence, and developing insightful presentations or reports to guide key decision-making. You will report to and work closely with the Director, Strategy and Business Development and will be a flexible generalist that assists on a variety of needs. An ideal candidate will have 2-4+ years of experience in business development, healthcare consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or private equity. If you excel in a fast paced environment, enjoy strategic thinking, and bring high emotional intelligence and focus, this is the role for you.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Maintain a deep comprehension and current awareness of the healthcare (including digital health) and biopharma industries
- Conduct industry and market research and analyses in support of strategic management decisions
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Actively identify and meet with healthcare start-ups and biopharma companies to identify trends and source potential partners
- Work closely with the Product, Healthcare Operations, Marketing, Legal and Research teams to execute our business strategy
- Perform internal cross-functional feasibility on business development opportunities and establish agreement among multiple teams
- Support on structuring, negotiating and executing partnering agreements across a broad range of deal structures
- Some travel may be needed to meet potential partners or attend relevant industry conferences
What You’ll Bring
- 2-4+ years of work experience in healthcare-related business development, consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or private equity
- Strong knowledge of healthcare industry, including digital health
- Exceptional communication skills with both public speaking and partner-facing experience
- Experience leading and building strong working relationships with cross-functional teams internally and externally
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with rigorous attention to detail as well as strategic thinking
- Organized, motivated, and ability to adjust to quickly changing landscape in consumer genetics, healthcare and biopharma
- Advanced degree (PhD, JD, or MBA) preferred
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back