What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for an experienced Associate Corporate Counsel/Corporate Counsel to join our fast-paced Legal Department. Specifically, you will be providing legal advice and support to our research and therapeutic groups with a focus on programs in clinical development. Reporting to our Director, Sr. Corporate Counsel, you will be part of a small team of lawyers, contracts associates and paralegals. You are a self-starter with excellent communication skills and the ability to work proactively in a fast-paced environment.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Provide legal advice and direction on clinical development programs in drug discovery, including advising on legal and regulatory matters on clinical study documents and agreements
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of drug discovery agreements including vendor service agreements, manufacturing and supply agreements, and clinical study and clinical development agreements
- Provide legal advice and support for company policies and procedures and operational processes related to clinical development
- Develop and implement training to internal stakeholders on legal and regulatory issues relating to drug discovery
- Support other company programs and provide contract support for our research and therapeutic groups
- Collaborate directly with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to support contract activities and business initiatives including operational teams and privacy and regulatory experts
- Work closely with a small team of legal counsel, contracts associates, paralegals and support staff on projects and contract matters.
- Liaison directly with outside counsel on legal and compliance matters
What You'll Bring
- J.D. from accredited law school and at least 2 years of relevant experience in top-tier law firms or in-house
- Member of California Bar
- Solid comprehension of regulatory framework and regulatory issues for clinical studies and drug approval
- Practical experience advising on legal and contractual issues for clinical development and clinical studies
- Demonstrated ability to draft, negotiate and complete a wide range of drug discovery agreements including clinical development and clinical study agreements for drug products. Strong background in contract issues and contractual matters including terms related to IP and privacy matters
- Ability to work in a cross functional manner and act as lead for Legal Department on company wide projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to organize and prioritize various projects, and flex with ease
- Expert knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong proficiency working in Mac environments, including with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Team player, self-motivated, and solutions oriented
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back