What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our People team is looking for a Sourcer who will play a pivotal role in finding and recruiting the absolute best & diverse talent to 23andMe. In this role, you’ll bring curiosity about how each role impacts the larger business, act as a trusted advisor to candidates and internal business partners, source and uncover stellar talent for hard-to-fill requisitions, and ensure diverse representation throughout each pipeline. This is a unique opportunity to help attract scientific, technical, and G&A talent for an innovative, mission-based, life-changing company. You will be joining a rockstar team of smart and highly engaged colleagues and you will play a key role in the growth of 23andMe.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Recruiters and Hiring Managers to understand business needs and collaborate on the best hiring strategy.
- Strategize and leverage multiple sourcing channels to identify and attract candidates and maintain a healthy and diverse pipeline for roles.
- Conduct behavioral-based phone interviews to assess technical baseline as well as alignment to 23andMe’s core values.
- Manage candidates from initial outreach to phone interview and provide a seamless transition to the Recruiter.
- Bring a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) lens to every pipeline and sourcing project.
- Build diverse talent communities and talent pipelines for critical skill areas.
- Provide guidance and tools to hiring managers on how to build and diversify their own networks.
- Provide a stellar candidate experience to all of our candidates.
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders.
- Utilize Greenhouse (Applicant Tracking System) and internal spreadsheets to track candidate pipeline and activity.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 years of sourcing/recruiting experience, preferably in life-science, biotech or pharma.
- Experience building diverse, representative pipelines
- Expertise in passive sourcing using tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, job boards, referrals, and social networking.
- Driven, positive, growth mindset a must.
- Demonstrated success working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments and ability to work autonomously.
- Passion for science and technology.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills and self-awareness with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in something interesting or equivalent professional experience preferred.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back