What will you be empowered to do?
Accounting & Payroll
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We are looking for an Accounting Director to tackle special projects and lead a high performance team. The ideal candidate is mission driven and passionate. You will lead a highly energetic and talented segment of the 23andMe Accounting team and support the controllership function, which has responsibilities and deliverables across the company. You will report to the VP Controller and we anticipate this position to have eventually manage a group of three to four direct reports.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Continue to evolve and develop an accounting infrastructure that will support significant growth and effectively scale with increased complexity
- Responsible for certain key technical accounting judgments and policies including oversight, implementation and execution of new accounting guidance
- Lead due diligence, purchase accounting, finance integration, and stakeholder engagement associated with mergers and acquisitions, new businesses
- Oversee accounting and integration for unique/one-time transactions and transformational new business initiatives, both technical and operational
- Project manage SOX activities for the accounting department, including maintenance of flow charts, key controls and key reports documentation and maintenance, organization of walkthrough activities, and partnering with the Director of Internal Controls & Compliance
- Support the development, execution, and monitoring of the long term plan for the accounting organization
- Support and lead accounting process improvement and team development activities
- Participate in the preparation and review process for public filings, as a partner to the Corporate Accounting, SEC, Legal, People Team, Investor Relations, and FP&A teams, and develop new disclosures as needed
- Conduct special projects and accounting process improvements, as needed
- Lead, mentor and develop a high-performing diverse accounting team, by fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree and / or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- CPA license preferred
- Minimum 10+ years in a financial accounting role
- Minimum of 7 years of Big 4 public accounting experience including having attained the Senior Manager or Director level, with heavy exposure to SEC reporting and SOX
- 4+ years in an accounting leadership capacity at a public company
- Experience in the life sciences or consumer goods industry strongly preferred
- Current and in-depth knowledge of US GAAP is required
- Ability to prioritize in real time; know what’s important
- Detailed oriented with a strong bias for action, ability to proactively dig into the details and resolve issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Transparent and self-aware. Listens and learns from others
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back