What will you be empowered to do?
Senior Platform Designer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Our diverse design organization is looking for a Senior Designer to work across our user experience platform. At 23andMe, design plays a key role in how people think about genetics, ancestry, health, and lifestyle. Considering every detail, you will help with the creation of highly imaginative, inclusive, beautiful experiences and, above all else, experiences that empower folks to gain insight and take ownership of their personal genetic information.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Advocate for the user by learning what's possible and rethink the impossible. Simplify complex concepts into exciting and engaging experiences collaborating with your peers, and partners to guide recommendations and decisions.
- Communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity comps, interactive prototypes, and specifications that improve the user experience, supporting design systems, and overall creative process.
- Support the teams' development through never-ending curiosity, refinement, and excitement of our craft. Lead by example, embracing creative conflict and transforming problems into additive solutions.
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of work experience focusing on product design and user interface across various platforms, including TV, web, iOS, and Android.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates compelling interactive design work, showcasing a perspective on the creative process and aesthetic.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams delivering high-quality work while advocating for design, brand, research, and user experience continuity.
- Ability to partner with Product, Engineering, and Marketing organizations to understand, contribute, and execute product strategy.
- Proficiencies in one or more of the following software applications: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, Principle, Unity, Xcode, and Cinema 4D.
- Genuine passion for health, science, and education.
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar a plus.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back