What will you be empowered to do?
Office of the CEO
Corporate Development Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We are seeking an exceptional Corporate Development Manager to help review and identify market trends and their impact on 23andMe’s business. You will report to the Director, Strategy and Business Development and be responsible for conducting market landscape research and competitive analysis, building internal and external relationships, making strategic recommendations, and identifying potential targets for strategic acquisitions or partnerships. The ideal candidate will have 4-6+ years of experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, corporate development and/or private equity, with experience providing industry and company research, and financial analysis. If you excel in a fast paced environment, enjoy strategic thinking, and bring high emotional intelligence and focus, this is the role for you.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Conduct industry and market analyses in support of strategic management decisions, including review of commercial opportunities, market landscape research, partner/build/buy analyses, and development of executive presentations
- Understand and be a source of critical information on the competitive landscape and industry offerings
- Support the Director, Strategy and Business Development and the executive team to define our M&A strategy and prioritize relevant target areas
- Evaluate new market opportunities, build pipeline of appropriate targets for acquisition or partnership, and conduct deep due diligence on targets
- Cultivate a strong network of relationships with relevant company executives, venture and private equity investors, investment bankers and industry experts to source new deals
- Support business development deal execution, including the development of purchase structures and deal terms with financial and strategic analysis
- Track and report quarterly performance and announcements of publicly traded healthcare and digital health companies of interest
- Research and attend relevant industry conferences
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record
- 4-6+ years of experience in healthcare consulting, investment banking, venture capital, or corporate development and/or private equity
- Strong knowledge of and passion for emerging trends in healthcare and consumer technology
- Excellent communication (interpersonal, oral and written) and teamwork skills
- Extroverted personality that likes to build relationships and has a good network of contacts in digital health
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills, with rigorous attention to detail as well as strategic thinking
- Financial modeling and due diligence experience, with advanced expertise in relevant business tools (PowerPoint and Excel)
- Organized, self-starter, and ability to adjust to quickly changing landscape in consumer genetics
- Advanced degree (MBA) preferred
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back