What will you be empowered to do?
Director, Acquisition Media
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a highly motivated Director of Acquisition Media with experience in scaling and growing media channels, while generating new opportunities to expand the business globally. This is an outstanding opportunity for a passionate media leader with experience in traditional and digital marketing, brand and social media.
Ideally you are a strategic and analytical thinker who can lead teams to execute unique campaigns that will attract new customer segments. In this position, you will have a high impact on the future direction of marketing, media and our future growth strategy.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will be responsible for all media agencies and acquisition media teams. You will help set the vision, create the strategies and plans to deliver the brand’s sales goals against key performance metrics and will lead all testing and optimization to maximize return. Working with our Consumer Insights, Advertising, Analytics and Business Information/Operations teams, you will be able to set up strong data ingestion, collaborate on all campaigns and develop reporting practices to facilitate critical decision-making and performance transparency.
We want you to think big, help us bring our mission to life and build innovative, robust marketing media strategies that inspire incredible execution to reach company goals and help us positively impact the lives of as many people as possible.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals redefining healthcare with data at scale. We’re taking a genetics-based approach to transforming the continuum of care and believe that unlocking the genetic code creates the opportunity to revolutionize the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of most, if not all, human disease. We believe health is in your DNA.
Having recently completed an IPO, we are looking to grow and expand our consumer business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and build our global media strategy and determine the best media plan to achieve business goals within budget and performance targets
- Inspire an already incredible team of media experts and grow the team to tackle new objectives
- Own and efficiently scale the media budget, allocating spending and optimizing a blend of channels to hit growth targets efficiently, while thinking long term and being resourceful
- Manage multi-channel attribution systems and tools to inform strategy
- Closely monitor and report key metrics and competitive activity, and make strategic recommendations around mix, spend, pacing, etc. to senior management
- Create and syndicate dashboards and reports for the senior team, marketing team and product managers to evaluate the success of campaigns and programs
- Balance near-term and long-term investments to ensure immediate performance and long-range success
- Work closely with Finance and Analytics teams to pace acquisition spend and ROI, forecasting and attribution tracking
- Manage media agency relationships
- Identify best agency structure, conduct reviews, negotiate rates, award business, set objectives, manage performance
- Manage customer segmentation strategy to ensure we reach the right audience with the right message, at the right place and time
- Strategize digital marketing campaigns while staying ahead in the digital marketing space
What You’ll Bring
- A proven-track record (and passion!) for leading, inspiring and building media teams
- 8-12+ years managing major consumer e-commerce media programs at increasing levels of responsibility with digital and offline globally
- Deep understanding of the nuts and bolts of large-scale e-commerce: relevant media channels and conversion marketing
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative measures of marketing program success, attribution models, clickstream analysis, understands regression/MMM modeling
- Eagerness to test new opportunities, a strong point of view, willingness to make big bets
- Exceptional management, hiring and leadership skills
- Experience managing external agency relationships
- Ability to lead teams to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- B.A or B.S. required, graduate degree preferred
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back