What will you be empowered to do?
Associate Scientist/Sr. Associate Scientist, Biology
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team focused on the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will have experience applying molecular and cell biology approaches to elucidate target function and drug mechanism of action.
What You'll Do
- Experimental investigation of the biological function of drug targets in cardiovascular and other therapeutic areas
- Execution of cell-based and biochemical assays to assess drug mechanism of action, activity, and potency
- Develop, validate, and optimize new assays as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data in group meetings and other company meetings
- Communicate effectively and collaborate closely with colleagues across multiple functions
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What You’ll Bring
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of productivity and demonstrated effective collaboration on complex projects
- Bachelor's (+ 5 years' related experience), Master's (+ 3 years' related experience) or PhD in biological sciences or related field
- Experience with cell and biochemical assays, molecular biology, and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Experience with high-throughput cell-based assays, fluorescence microscopy & image processing, FACS, primary cell isolation, tissue collection and processing
- Proactive and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- BS, MS, PhD, or other advanced degrees in Biological Sciences
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the following areas: cardiometabolic disease, immunology, cancer biology
- Experience with rodent models of human disease
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back