What will you be empowered to do?
IT & Security
South San Francisco, California, United States
Are you driven to get the right things done at the right time? Can you juggle multiple projects, coordinate across functional groups, dive into technical details as well as orchestrate high-level prioritization...all without breaking a sweat? Do you find genetics fascinating and want to help people understand what their DNA says about them?
23andMe is looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager to streamline internal Therapeutics, lab systems, IT and security processes and manage cross-functional projects with our stakeholders.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages our wealth of genotypic and phenotypic data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
What You’ll Do
- Work within our Therapeutics division to evaluate, select and implement systems to support the business.
- Work with the Therapeutics Quality Team to perform Computer System Validation.
- Lead project team meetings from project initiation through closure. Orchestrate alignment within and between teams to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Develop detailed project plans for the appropriate scope, requirements, and timelines to track milestones and deliverables.
- Measure and report on project team progress to project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Help the team prioritize between unplanned tasks/operational work and long-term planned project work; keep them focused on doing what is important.
- Identify risks / blockers; work with stakeholders to mitigate obstacles.
- Create and maintain project documentation (overviews, weekly updates, status presentations, Smartsheet project dashboards, etc.).
- Optimize team processes and document workflows.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of industry experience as a project manager on a technical team.
- Amazing organizational and time management skills. You're able to make sense out of a complex system with many moving parts; you sweat the details where it's needed.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Proven ability to interact with individuals with diverse (scientific, pharmacology, technical / non-technical / regulatory / business) backgrounds. Able to communicate clearly and effectively (you're a master at being succinct) whether with scientists or executives.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to bring different backgrounds across functional groups and work styles to work in harmony. You know how to build consensus (partnership) among competing perspectives (conflict resolution) and can rally teams positively towards objectives. You are an active listener with the ability to empathize and understand. You provide sound pragmatic judgment.
- A growth mindset. You are a self-motivated learner and a reliable team-player who keeps the big picture in mind to achieve your goals.
- Proficiency in program/project management tools (e.g. Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.); you're fully comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Smartsheet, Slack, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Assurance, Biomedical, Business or related area of study; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the IT, or lab systems field.
- Work experience with Medical Devices in the Biotech or relevant industries (e.g. Pharmaceuticals).
- Prior experience with:
- software evaluation, selection and implementation.
- performing Computer System Validation for quality systems.
- working with software vendors during system evaluation and implementation.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back