What will you be empowered to do?
Laboratory Operations Associate
South San Francisco, California, United States
Who We Are
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
Our team is seeking a Laboratory Operations Associate to support the daily operations of the 23andMe Therapeutics early development laboratory. You will work closely with research scientists to manage lab equipment and support lab supply inventory.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with different teams to coordinate the installation, calibration, routine and preventative maintenance, and repair of laboratory equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance, cleaning, troubleshooting, minor repair on lab equipment.
- Document and manage equipment records, such as warranties, maintenance/calibration schedules and service contracts.
- Monitor equipment usage and capacity.
- Labware cleaning and autoclaving.
- Maintain common lab supply inventory and restock lab supplies in the lab.
- Perform shipping and receiving duties.
- Perform other lab operations tasks as needed.
What You'll Bring
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related scientific discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in scientific laboratory and/or operations
- Experience with maintaining basic lab equipment
- Experience with managing lab supplies
- General understanding of Inventory Systems, Equipment Management Systems or Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office or Google Workspace Apps
- Excellent communication, time management, organization skills
- Good record keeping and attention to details
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work independently
- Ability to collaborate and work well within a team environment, and willingness to motivate and support others
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back