What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Human Resource Business Partner, Therapeutics
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Join our growing People team at 23andMe! As an advocate of 23andMe’s culture and values, you will contribute both strategically and hands-on as we grow our business. This is an important, highly-visible role that will partner with senior leaders to identify, develop and guide key People initiatives. You will provide full-cycle HR leadership and work closely with all levels, whether coaching your clients on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our employees. You are exceptionally focused on putting them first, and being as clear and transparent as possible.
As an important part of the leadership team, you’ll need to understand every aspect of the business and be a thought leader on people and organizational topics. It’s your role to create an end-to-end People strategy and incorporate forward-looking Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ideas into all that we do. This will require you to think big, use data to guide your work and be comfortable challenging convention.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal comprehension.
What You’ll Do
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders to offer expertise on organizational and people-related strategy and execution to ensure a motivated, engaged workforce.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Analyze and present relevant metrics and insights to the business to guide the focus and execution of strategy.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders at all levels within 23andMe to navigate the complexities of managing teams, managing career development, developing a high performance culture, providing conflict resolution strategies, etc. Provide candid feedback about diversity, equity and inclusion, talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Work with managers and employees to address people relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Work with other HR functions (Recruiting, Compensation, Benefits, People Systems) in the design and implementation of People programs.
- Lead on the evolution and education of our HR Business Partnering function.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of HR / HRBP experience in roles of increasing complexity and scope. You are an expert, with demonstrated experience in coaching and development, organizational design and overall talent management.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. You have courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- A strategic mindset, but can also focus on tactical and operational issues. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done and the next moment being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common
- A belief in a “People-first” approach to build teams and guide effective performance across the organization.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and have the ability to flex your style to build trust and rapport.
- Significant experience handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact and diplomacy. Well-versed in HR compliance, legislation and best practices.
- Analytically driven, you are experienced using qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis. Strong aptitude to translate metrics and data-driven insights into impactful strategy.
- A passion for creative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has over 5 million customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back