What will you be empowered to do?
Product Scientist, Genetic Health
Sunnyvale, California, United States
Are you fascinated by genetics and interested in revolutionizing how people interact with their DNA? We're looking for curious, product-minded scientists to help translate advances in clinical health domains into mainstream benefits. Your work could help millions of people understand their genetic and other health information and use it to make impactful life changes.
Who You Are
You have a passion for science and you're excited about the future of healthcare. You believe that it is important to make information accessible, relatable, and useful to everyone. You are comfortable evaluating findings from scientific studies, have a high-quality bar, and are a stickler for detail. You are preferably an expert in the field of genetics; otherwise well versed in another area of human biology. You can work independently but thrive as part of a team. Like us, you are mission-driven and want to contribute to something that truly impacts people’s lives.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Research ideas for science-driven content and product features and evaluate them from user, scientific, clinical, regulatory, and business perspectives
- Critically evaluate and synthesize data from scientific papers and internal research
- Develop compelling and accurate scientific content and features for 23andMe's consumer product
- Provide scientific support to a variety of teams across the company
- Want to know more? Visit our website to learn about the types of features we develop.
What You’ll Bring
- A Ph.D. in the life sciences, preferably related to human genetics
- Experience with topics related to pharmacogenetics and/or human health
- A demonstrated ability to make complex scientific and medical concepts interesting and accessible to various audiences
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and research methodologies in the context of critically evaluating scientific findings
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of human genetics and genomic technologies
- The ability to be proactive, thorough, and independent but to also work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced, and interdisciplinary team
- Experience with clinical implementation of genetics and/or digital health industries
- Experience with medical device regulation or technical writing
- Experience with the command line, scripting, programming languages, or markup languages, and familiarity with related tools (such as Python, R, HTML, or Git)
- Experience with data visualization, analytics, or information design
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back