What will you be empowered to do?
Privacy Program Manager
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a talented Privacy Program Manager who shares a passion for privacy and is eager to help design, build, scale, and improve upon the 23andMe privacy program. We believe every customer should have a private and secure environment to access and explore their genetics and access personalized healthcare. As a Privacy Program Manager, you will work with teams across 23andMe to deliver processes, tools, products, infrastructure, and decisions that help us honor people’s privacy in everything we do. This is a unique opportunity to work in a privacy-focused, collaborative environment, make meaningful contributions to our consumer products, and drive compliance within an evolving privacy landscape.
The Privacy Program Manager will report directly and provide support to the Director, Sr. Privacy Counsel in carrying out all of the day-to-day operational responsibilities for program implementation and maintenance related to 23andMe’s privacy program. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, strategic and creative thinker, extremely organized, great communicator, and enjoys collaborating in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you’ll do
- Support the Privacy team to enhance, operationalize and run the privacy program.
- Project manage the implementation of new privacy-related initiatives by working cross-functionally (such as with the Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Security teams) and driving execution of privacy deliverables.
- Managing privacy impact or risk assessments and support the incorporation of privacy-by-design principles across the organization.
- Lead privacy operations, and support management of privacy team assignments, planning, and initiatives, including team staffing and resource allocation.
- Support data subject privacy requests, responses and processes.
- Support the design, build and execution of an industry leading privacy program.
- Support in maintaining internal process and procedure documentation for privacy operations and compliance.
- Define and track key privacy metrics, key quality and performance indicators, maturity milestones, and program effectiveness indicators.
- Support in building and maintaining reporting dashboards used by the Privacy team, and develop and prepare dashboards and reporting tools related to Privacy initiatives and compliance.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Work cross-functionally to support privacy projects, investigations, and audit requests.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions including reduction of manual efforts through automation.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and ensure privacy commitments are maintained.
- Manage relationships both internal and external to the privacy organization.
- Exercise excellent people skills as a team player with a bias to action.
- Lead internal privacy communications and training programs.
- Educate employees on privacy principles and champion our privacy-focused company culture, including design, development and maintenance of training resources (e.g., all-hands updates, new-hire training, and targeted group training).
- Co-lead and oversee our internal Privacy Champions program.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years relevant experience in program management, consulting, business operations, or other operational disciplines focused on privacy or data protection, operational risk management, compliance, audit and implementation of control frameworks, privacy by design, information security, incident management or other related field.
- Proactive and collaborative attitude, and passion about privacy, technology and personalized healthcare.
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards/frameworks (e.g., CCPA/CPRA, GDPR, etc.).
- Strong organizational, coordination, multi-tasking, and process improvement capabilities.
- You're able to make sense out of complex systems with many moving parts, and manage complex, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Proven ability to interact and effectively communicate with individuals across business functions with technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Self-motivated, reliable team-player that thrives in a fast-paced, complex work environment.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a fast pace business environment.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to bring clarity in ambiguous situations.
- You believe no job is too big or too small!
- You’re a pro in using and managing teams and projects in Jira, Confluence, and Smartsheets.
- CIPP certification.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back