What will you be empowered to do?
Senior Product Manager, Research Services
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. As Senior Product Manager, Research Services, your role will focus primarily on the benefit component of this mission. You will work closely with 23andMe’s research and therapeutics teams to identify key problem areas, refine opportunities, and ship research products that complement 23andMe’s consumer and therapeutics business units.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to strategy and outcomes to grow 23andMe research services revenue
- Build both products that are driven by 23andMe’s proprietary genetic data, and those that expedite genetic research by 23andMe’s external partners (e.g., pharmaceutical companies, research institutions)
- Establish cross-functional relationships with research, therapeutics, business development, engineering, and design to define product requirements, specify scope, and drive timelines
- Define success metrics for, measure, and evaluate the impact of product efforts
- Analyze and understand data, and leverage that understanding to make data-driven decisions
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years experience in product management
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet concrete milestones
- Scientific research experience; solid understanding of genetics-driven research and drug discovery (e.g., genome-wide association studies (GWAS))
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build relationships and effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization, from C-level to individual contributors
- Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Enthusiasm and creativity to inspire others
- Experience with consumer health and wellness, especially digital health/wellness apps and platforms
- Experience with consumer products and research arms that mutually serve each other
- Familiarity with UX and information architecture best practices
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.Back