What will you be empowered to do?
Sunnyvale, California, United States
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Chief Product Officer. This person provides a wide range of administrative support tasks and works both independently and within a team environment.
This individual will bring strong organization skills and a proactive attitude. He/she will need to manage ambiguity and multiple priorities. The utmost confidentiality is imperative, as this role will be privy to confidential information.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You’ll Do
- Extensive scheduling, calendar coordination, managing complex and changing calendars, working through scheduling roadblocks while optimizing for the needs and priorities of the business
- Practice sound judgment in prioritizing the Chief Product Officer’s time
- Filter and manage requests for internal & external commitments
- Identify opportunities to streamline efforts and improve processes (e.g. budget coordination, hiring)
- Prepare daily agenda and briefing materials for external and internal meetings, with a discerning eye towards surfacing the relevant key points for each meeting
- Act as the single point of contact driving and organizing all social events and offsites for the Product organization.
- Facilitator of department staff meetings, and capture key outcomes and actions
- Product department liaison with Finance, including creation and maintenance of purchase orders for the department
- Manage, prepare and submit expense reports for the Product department corporate card.
- Regularly collaborate with cross-functional Administrative & Executive Assistants and provide back up for vacation/illness
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS degree or 10 years of executive administrative experience ; experience supporting a product leader a plus
- Ability to work onsite 2x/week at our HQ office in Sunnyvale, CA
- Excellent calendar management and proactive planning skills
- Experience working with external contacts at a high level
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail while working effectively with minimal direction
- Strong organizational skills, business acumen, and timely follow-through
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exercises good judgment and discretion, and strong decision-making ability
- Ability to interact with people, at all levels, in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible, proactive, and resourceful, with a high level of professionalism
- Takes initiative, regularly identifies process improvements and ways to streamline complex efforts
- Ability to recognize and anticipate problems before they manifest / mitigate with appropriate remedies and follow-up as needed
- Possess a “can do” attitude and comfortable operating as part of a greater team of administrative assistants that support one another
- The ability to balance multiple priorities in an ever changing environment, maintaining an even temperament despite any sudden increase in workload. The ability to work well in an environment that stresses team play as an important element in balancing the workload is a must.
- Advanced knowledge of computer programs and Google Docs; highly adept at using technology for efficiency and efficacy
Note: For this position, we are looking for Bay Area local candidates only.
- Experience or strong interest in healthcare
- Prior experience in a start-up or small company environment
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.