What will you be empowered to do?
Compute Enterprise Infrastructure
Sr. Cloud Network Engineer
Sunnyvale, California, United States
As a Senior Cloud Network Engineer, you will be integral to the design, deployment, and administration of our corporate and Cloud network infrastructure.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Deploy and maintain a high-availability and secure TCP/IP network for controlling, monitoring, and alerting functions within our enterprise environments.
- Participate in Architectural design
- Collaborate with our cloud governance team to design, deploy, and maintain inter and intra cloud connectivity patterns.
- Implement new network solutions and improve the efficiency of current networks.
- Configure firewalls, routers and switches to improve network efficiency and security.
- Enhance IaC modules to automate the provisioning of:
- Physical firewalls, switches, PDUs, console servers, APs etc.
- Network services within AWS: Transit Gateway, IPSec tunnels, routing, etc.
- Cloudflare services: WAF, Argo Tunnels, Access, etc.
- Manage our DNS services and maintain company owned domain names
- Collaborate with other groups/teams to identify, define and implement integrations.
- Monitor service performance, review logs for potential issues/failures ; Keep up to date on software/firmware releases and keep our environment patched.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 10 years of experience in a network engineering and administration role.
- Deep understanding of switching, routing (LAN and Internet scale/BGP), IPv4/IPv6 addressing, TCP/IP protocols, VLANs, LAG, MCLAG, etc.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive under pressure and meet ambitious objectives.
- At least 3 years of experience building IaC services using Python, TCL, Expect, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
Note: Ability to work from 23andMe's office in Sunnyvale, CA a minimum of 3 days per week
- Experience with:
- AWS networking and DNS
- Terraform (provisioning AWS, Cloudflare, network hardware)
- Juniper Network firewalls, routers, switches
- Fortinet Fortigate firewalls
- Network security strategies and methodologies
- Hands-on experience with logging and telemetry platforms such as New Relic, Sumo Logic, etc
- Familiarity with Observium, LibreNMS, Nagios, Prometheus or similar monitoring tools
- Implementation/migration of IPv4 to IPv6.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.