What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Sr iOS Engineer with experience building world-class native applications. You are passionate about your craft, and excited to create experiences powered by genetics that will educate, engage and delight customers. You thrive working alongside strong product and design partners. You thoughtfully collaborate to evolve ideas that will take our product to the next level. You are intimately familiar with all stages of the software development lifecycle, taking special care to own the quality of your features from start to finish. If this is you, come join our team to make a difference in our customer’s lives as they access, understand and benefit from the human genome.
While our Engineering team is based in Sunnyvale, CA this position is open to remote work, and we will consider exceptional candidates throughout the United States.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What You'll Do
- Lead the engineering implementation for our innovative and engaging user-facing projects.
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to improve our strategy and customer-experience.
- Solve challenging engineering problems to deliver a highly interactive customer experience at scale and with high availability.
- Collaborate with other iOS engineers to keep our platform evolving as fast as the dynamic operating system and libraries we leverage (SwiftUI, HealthKit, etc).
- Mentor other iOS engineers on the team as you continue growing with us!
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience in a consumer-facing environment.
- Development experience with native iOS and familiarity with the entire application lifecycle of writing, releasing and maintaining code.
- Experience building complex interactive applications for the iPhone or iPad using Swift.
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code.
- Ability to work independently to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience working with healthcare and/or medical device software.
- Experience with HealthKit / Health Data Collection / Privacy.
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.