What will you be empowered to do?
Sr. Marketing Manager, SEO
Sunnyvale, California, United States
23andMe is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, SEO who will develop and manage programs to increase organic (unpaid) traffic to our consumer focused public websites, managing cross functional projects from investigation to completion to drive the 23andMe business.
Who We Are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who You Are
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about changing healthcare for the better and who has a proven record of driving SEO initiatives through building business cases and highlighting the impact of strategic programs.
Like us, you are mission-driven and have a strong desire to provide individuals with more direct and affordable access to their health information. You’re empathetic - you want to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you are not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen.
What You’ll Do
This role will oversee SEO strategy, developing and shepherding programs to drive unpaid traffic to 23andMe and Lemonaid Health. You will work to identify any existing potential technical issues as well as opportunities for expansion. You will collaborate with internal leads and consultants, clearly prioritize all SEO initiatives and work with internal and external resources in order to drive these initiatives to completion. The impact of the role will be measured based on the increase in non-paid traffic over multiple quarters, as well as SEMRush and AHRefs progress (page quality, page rank for key terms, etc.).
In addition, the role will:
- Regularly report on organic search performance and industry trends to Marketing Leads
- Complete quarterly comprehensive audits of both 23andMe and Lemonaid Health websites, identifying shortcomings/opportunities (site speed, internal linking, link building, etc.)
- Architect major programmatic efforts to dramatically increase site visits from organic search
- Work with engineering and product to develop more efficient protocols for landing page creation
- Manage external resources for both technical support and content development
- Work with the Communications team to help identify potential link building opportunities with vendors and to create a cohesive content strategy that incorporates SEO fundamentals
What You’ll Bring
- 4-7 years of hands-on SEO experience
- Demonstrated success in driving business results due to strategic initiatives
- Ability to successfully manage individual contributors as well as third party vendors
- A love of problem-solving and creative mindset
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to influence in order to build partnerships as well as drive initiatives internally
- Data-driven mindset with excellent analytical skills
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required
- Experience in the healthcare industry, specifically telehealth, preferred
- Ability to work from 23andMe's office in Sunnyvale, CA three days per week
23andMe, headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA, is a leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the company’s mission is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has pioneered direct access to genetic information as the only company with multiple FDA authorizations for genetic health risk reports. The company has created the world’s largest crowdsourced platform for genetic research, with 80 percent of its customers electing to participate. The platform also powers the 23andMe Therapeutics group, currently pursuing drug discovery programs rooted in human genetics across a spectrum of disease areas, including oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases, in addition to other therapeutic areas. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
23andMe takes a market-based approach to pay, and amounts will vary depending on your geographic location. The salary range reflected here is for a candidate based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.