Join our gene pool.
Therapeutics - South San Francisco, CA
Scientific Researcher / Sr. Scientific Researcher, in vivo Biology
South San Francisco, CA, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team leverages this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using the 23andMe genetic database, generates lead compounds for these targets and performs preclinical research to advance programs for clinical development. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientific Researcher or Sr. Scientific Researcher to join a collaborative team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in rodent in vivo studies such as PK, PD, toxicology and disease models.
What you'll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development such as PK, PD, toxicology and disease models
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
What you'll bring
- BS or MS degree in biological sciences or related field
- 3+ years of experience with animal models of disease (oncology, inflammation, autoimmunity, or cardiovascular)
- Extensive experience with drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, PO) and blood and tissue collection
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Proficiency in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research
- Strong organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Independent, proactive and highly self-motivated
Bonus points if you bring one or more of the following:
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with antibody therapeutics
- Experience analyzing ex vivo samples via flow cytometry
- Familiarity with histological techniques
- Execution of PK studies
- Experience with surgical techniques
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with ~85 percent of customers consented to participate in research. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://mediacenter.23andme.com/therapeutics/.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.