Join our gene pool.
Sr. Product Designer
Mountain View, CA, United States
Genetic testing is making it possible for each of us to understand our bodies in ways that were unimaginable only 10 years ago. 23andMe is leading the way in making this information accessible, understandable, and actionable to consumers.
Our growing Product Design team is looking for an exceptional Sr. Product Designer to help build beautifully functional experiences that help individuals gain insight into and take action on their personal genetic information. Your work will help millions of people make impactful life changes.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you'll do
- Work with our design team to create best-in-class user experiences optimized for web and native mobile.
- Be a leader in the team and contribute to the development of designers who are earlier in their careers
- Create end-to-end user experiences – from early conceptualization, through wireframing and visual design, and final implementation.
- Collaborate with the design, product, engineering, science and marketing teams to evolve existing features and explore potential future product opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of our product style guidelines and design system and advocate consistent application of design standards across experiences.
- Use your interpersonal communication skills to clearly present, articulate and defend design decisions and recommendations, both within small cross-functional teams and to our executives.
- Work closely with our engineering team to fully realize and implement best-in-class user experiences.
Who you are
- A multi-talented craftsperson, who is a strong design thinker and a roll-up-your-sleeves maker.
- Energized by a journey that leads through the intersection of culture, health, and technology.
- A designer who has 5+ years of experience who is excited to work across a variety of mediums – web, app, print, motion – and has training from a strong design program.
- Empathetic towards our users and wanting to contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts the lives of our customers.
- Someone who obsesses over meticulous details that culminate into scalable, holistic user-centered experiences.
- Driven to create low-friction user experiences that are intuitive, functional, and efficient.
- Seeking an opportunity to contribute and grow within a multi-talented team of designers.
Stuff we would like to see from you
- A link to your portfolio (website or .PDF) and resume.
- Links to interactive prototypes and/or motion studies that demonstrate your design intent.
- A brief introduction letter that includes a few of your favorite user experiences and a few notes on why you love them.
- At least one project case study showing your design process from beginning to end, including a summary of how insights influenced the final result.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.