Join our gene pool.
Director, Health Product Marketing
Mountain View, CA, United States
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
In this new role, you will develop and execute marketing strategy, plans and programs to drive awareness, adoption and integration of 23andMe Health Reports into the U.S. healthcare delivery system, primarily focusing on organizations that establish clinical practice guidelines and patient advocacy groups.
What you’ll do
- Develop B2B product marketing strategies for 23andMe Health Reports across multiple disease areas and across key segments of the healthcare delivery system, primarily focusing on organizations that establish clinical practice guidelines and patient advocacy groups.
- Develop strategic and tactical plans for external stakeholder engagement and solidify long-term relationships, either solely or jointly with internal colleagues, with relevant stakeholders across the healthcare delivery system (organizations that establish clinical practice guidelines, patient advocacy groups, key opinion leaders (KOLs), advisory boards, pharmacy organizations, partners).
- Establish strong relationships with influential healthcare professionals and institutional decision makers, including those in clinical and health economics.
- Deeply understand healthcare system stakeholder needs and issues in order to position Health Reports accordingly.
- Work with B2C Marketing to develop and execute coordinated marketing materials for consumers and healthcare system stakeholders.
- Create and deliver thoughtful information to influence external stakeholders.
- Lead cross-functional launch teams to develop and execute launch plans for new Health Reports.
- Coordinate pre-launch, launch, and post-launch activities across departments including Marketing, Communications, Product, Business Development, Legal, Regulatory Affairs and Medical Affairs.
- Conduct healthcare market research, trend assessment and collect other marketplace intelligence.
- Contribute healthcare marketing insights and perspectives into long-range business planning.
- Work cross-functionally to evaluate and address evolving market dynamics both strategically and tactically.
- Manage marketing/advertising agencies and associated budget to ensure high quality, timely deliverables.
- Ensure regulatory and legal compliance of marketing programs and materials by working closely with Legal and Regulatory Affairs colleagues.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you’ll bring
- Master’s degree in genetics, molecular biology or relevant scientific field.
- An MBA, MD, PharmD, or PhD is highly advantageous.
- Strong marketing and scientific background to include:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing in the pharma, biotech, or medical device industry.
- Extensive knowledge of genetics and molecular biology.
- Proven track record of successful product launch.
- Demonstrated success developing and executing B2B marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience with external stakeholder engagement, including KOLs, physician organizations and advisory boards.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally at all levels.
- Strong management, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
- Leadership presence and ability to interact and persuade at senior levels.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for finding new and better ways of doing things in human health.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.