Join our gene pool.
Director, Marketing Design
Mountain View, CA, United States
Genetic information is changing the way we think about our health and relationships. 23andMe has helped over 2 million people access, understand and benefit from the human genome and is pioneering the use of genetic data to fuel impactful genetic discoveries.
A subject as complex as personal genetics is the ultimate design and creative challenge. We are looking for a Director of Marketing Design to build and guide the design team to make genetics accessible, understandable and actionable. Our marketing team is looking for an outstanding Director of Marketing Design to help build the 23andMe brand experience and play a major role in creating a brand accessible to everyone. Your work will inspire millions of people to access, understand and benefit from their personal genetic information. We are looking for a creative leader, thinker and communicator to take the brand to the next level and pioneer unchartered territory.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
Who you are
You are passionate about humans, life, culture, design, creating brand experiences that are beautifully intuitive and highly functional. You love leading design teams, setting a vision and inspiring others. You love design, respect the creative process while also getting work done in a fast-paced start-up environment. You have a deep curiosity into the whys behind each element of a consumer’s experience. You see the big picture, but also believe that great brands and great design comes down to execution and the details. You bring energy to a culture and understand how motivate designers and copywriters.
You’re a thinker, planner, and doer. From concept to execution, sketches to full fidelity designs, and across UX, visual design, and interaction, you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and dive in. You’re a leader that loves working on creative campaigns, can manage a briefing process, collaborating with others in marketing, product, consumer insight teams and engineering. You are a clear and articulate communicator and a great listener and observer.
Like us, you are mission-driven and passionate about improving health. You’re empathetic, you want contribute to something meaningful that truly impacts peoples’ lives, and you’re not afraid to try to break down barriers to make it happen. You don’t always love playing by the rules.
What you’ll do
- Lead the development of marketing design, site campaigns, interaction, and visual design for the 23andMe marketing team
- Collaborate with the marketing leads to develop user research, strategy and roadmaps
- Manage and develop a team of designers. Set clear goals, manage project loads, allocate designers, and ensure high quality deliverables on deadline
- Roll up your sleeves and lead the brand marketing creative into the next level of design
We hope you have
- Extraordinary design leadership in brand, product, interaction and visual design with a marketing design team
- User insight and a passion for making peoples’ lives better through great experiences and campaigns
- Substantial experience leading teams to design across web and mobile
- Open to collaborating with all departments for better insights, strategy and positioning opportunities
- Experience in fast-paced environment
- Design leadership experience across the entire product lifecycle managing multiple concurrent projects and multiple designers
- A high quality bar
- Excellent communication skills and ability to grow and inspire designers
- Deep experience and insight into making complex concepts simple, including effective data visualization and interaction
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- A passion for health and healthcare
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.