Join our gene pool.
Medical Education Project Manager
Mountain View, CA, United States
23andMe is looking for a project manager to join our medical education team! As 23andMe’s genetic testing becomes more robust and broadens its reach, clinicians must be prepared to converse with patients about the motivations for and the clinical consequences of this type of genetic testing. The Medical Education Team at 23andMe engages with the clinical community and facilitates a dialogue around the value and utility of DTC genetic testing through medical education, medical communication and research.
The Medical Education Project Manager reports to the Senior Manager of Medical Education and works cross functionally with various departments company-wide including medical affairs, marketing, customer service, legal, regulatory, research, and corporate communications.
Who we are
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
What you will do
You will support 23andMe adoption in the clinical environment through education programs utilizing various medical education platforms, including CME’s, websites, webinars, podcasts and publications.
- Manage all aspects of our healthcare professionals website and engagement initiatives and develop detailed project requirements, schedules, communications and launch.
- Collaborate and maintain communication with team members across 23andMe including Medical Affairs, Product Science, Research, Regulatory, Legal and Communications to facilitate project success.
- Regular communication with healthcare providers community through email newsletters, blog posts, and online forums as indicated.
- Plan, support and attend scientific conferences and medical meetings as needed.
- Ensure that all medical education activities meet appropriate legal and regulatory requirements.
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure all project documents are safely archived following project completion per current quality/documentation system.
- Create production tickets in JIRA or other real-time project management systems
- Coordinate with medical affairs, product science, marketing and programmers to have web content uploaded, edited, deleted on the healthcare professionals website
- Manage ongoing updates from stakeholders and ensure project completion and stakeholder approval
- Review all web updates in staging and production environments, testing for bugs, design issues and mobile experience.
- Work with designers and copywriters to clearly communicate approved messaging on the website.
What you'll bring
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment, with the ability to carry out complicated assignments and adapt to changing situations and priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of the scientific and medical communities
- Ability to independently set and meet deadlines, and motivate others to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude, attention to detail, self-motivation and willingness to pitch in to get the job done.
- Ability to be proactive, thoughtful and independent in framing new programs but also ability to collaborate effectively across functional groups and teams.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects with attention to detail.
- Fluency in digital and social media.
- Able to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Solid decision-making, problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Required experience (3+ years) in project management and working with cross functional teams (including copywriters, designers and marketing) in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- A minimum of two (2) years in managing projects related to clinical, scientific and regulatory content
- B.S. or B.A in related discipline
- PMI Certification
- Working knowledge of human genetics concepts
- Working knowledge of regulatory, legal, and compliance guidelines for promotional materials.
- Working knowledge of regulatory policies governing scientific interactions with physicians and other allied healthcare professionals.
- Experience with web marketing project management, publishing, webinars and podcasts.
- Experience with coordinating CME, satellite symposia and speakers programs.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading personal genetics company. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. 23andMe has over 2 million customers worldwide with ~85 percent consented to participate in research. 23andMe is located in Mountain View, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe we value a diverse, inclusive work force and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.